Monday, June 20, 2011

Getting back into things

It's been awhile. Mostly because I've taken a hiatus from running. But also because I have been super busy with wedding stuff for my sister and friends. But today, I am committed to getting back into a schedule and eating better.

Here's my plan:

1. Start running 3-4 times a week again. I have a couple half marathons planned for the Fall and got a number for the Falmouth Road Race (7 miler) down the Cape in August. I want to PR this Fall in at least one of my races.

2. Eating better by bringing my own food to work and planning meals. I've been so busy the past two weeks and Boloco is just so good - that I wasn't very good at eating. Luckily I haven't really gained weight, but I don't feel as good. Today I went shopping and planned my breakfast, lunches, snacks and dinner for a couple nights this week. Some good buys were 10/$10 Greek yogurts and 10/$10 Luna bars.

 




3. Signing up for personal training again. Somehow I will find the money for this. But my gym is running a really good deal right now:

For $49 per month:
• One 60-minute personal training session every month
• Two fitness evaluations for measuring progress
• Fitness journal to set goals and track progress
• Four complimentary guest passes each month

You really can't beat that! And my trainer is pretty bad ass. So I'm excited to work out with him again. He trained Brendan from the Biggest Loser.

4.  Blog again. The blogging kept me motivated and connected to those who have the same goals and battles.

How do you get back on track when you've gotten off the wagon?

How do you plan your meals for the week?

What are your favorite lunch ideas?

Song of the Post: "Dirt Road Anthem" - Jason Aldean ft. Ludacris (obsessed with this song right now)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel like I am in the exact same place. Including the Boloco (Cajun tofu burrito for dinner last night) and the greek yogurt (though I need to make a trip). Kim and I are running on Saturday AM if you're interested. Otherwise, let me know and I'm always down. I need the camaraderie to help me get back on track, and it sounds like you're well on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and for quick/healthy lunch ideas: last night I hard boiled a bunch of eggs so I have them on-hand as snacks, or to chop and use in salads, wraps, whatever... another thing I do sometimes is make a healtheir tuna salad to get protein in. You can do a mediterranean version with capers, tomatoes, lemon juice, olives... or you can use greek yogurt (plain) in place of mayo. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete