So my life has been a little crazy and the blogging has been… well, on my mind but not a priority. Plus last week I got that nasty cold and or maybe sinus infection (I don’t know, my doctor NEVER CALLED ME BACK! Time to find a new one? Maybe.) Anyway – I didn’t get much in. I did however, get in my third yoga session. As in, third ever.
I’ve been wanting to use up the yoga credits I have at Back Bay Yoga that Ryan gave me for Christmas. My plan was to go there Friday. But I forgot my yoga mat at home and didn’t feel like spending money to rent one. So instead I went to lunch time yoga at my gym. I got there early to find my space, get in the “zen” zone and stretch out. I was nervous I wouldn’t be able to do a lot of the poses because I’m not really that flexible. However, I surprised myself.
I hadn’t ever been to this particular class but there was a sub instructor. I think he was Australian, but he was very friendly and really laid back. Some teachers come around and help you and make it really obvious, which can be embarrassing. But this teacher just provided instructions to the entire class if you wanted to modify a pose.
I surprised myself with my flexibility and memory of the poses. I did however learn 3 new poses: eagle, tree and plane. Eagle was hard, I loved tree and plane. Check out Hot Yoga Willits for some descriptions and pictures of poses.
My attention span was getting to the max at around 30 minutes. I thought it was a 45 minute class and turned out to be an hour. And it even went over. Oh, and the mats at the gym were so smelly! I’m definitely going to bring my own next time to my gym too!
Check out one of my new favorite blogs: Yoga to Run. I love their slogan “Do yoga. Run happy.” I definitely want to keep up with the yoga. I enjoy it more and more each time I go. I recommend it to anyone but especially runners.
Song of the Post: I got nothing! I need some new jams so if you read this, PLEASE leave your favorite tune of the week below.
To go along with this post - you have to post something by MC Yogi! Check out Give Love or Be The Change (which BTW is my ringtone for you:)
ReplyDeleteJamz: Kid Cudi - Up Up & Away, Mika - Grace Kelly, Taio Cruz - Higher, Fall Out Boy's version of Beat It, New Found Glory's version of King of Wishful Thinking, Patrick Stump - Spotlight. ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteOn Vibrams - I was totally scared to take the jump too. Especially a jump that costs $100 and has mixed reviews - big ones - ones that affect injury rates. That's why I started in a controlled environment, which I only really could do because I own a treadmill. But after a few months of barefoot runs on the treadmill, and liking it despite potential blisters, then i was ready to take the jump. Let me know what you decide!
ReplyDelete