At the end of my senior year in high school my homeroom teacher gave us each a bookmark with a quote on it. Mine read, "Never underestimate the power of a dream." The quote stuck with me ever since. Thus, the name of the blog.
As many of you know, I'm an overachiever to say the least; always planning new goals, ambitions and my future. After conquering one goal, I'm always trying to set a new one. I'm addicted to bettering myself and beating my own goals. This can be a good thing and a bad thing, sometimes pushing myself too much.
So to start off the new year and a new decade, I've decided to start a blog. The blog has actually been in the making for 2 years, mostly in my mind. I started the account but never started the blog. I didn’t know where to start and started reading other blogs first.
The blog will mostly be about my training, struggle with eating healthy and also weaving in what's going on in my life. I want this blog to help keep me accountable for my workouts and to use it as a tool. The blog will also allow me to describe the challenges and rewards of running, including things I will learn about myself, running and the journey. I'm hoping the blog will open my eyes to set new goals and to strive to accomplish new things.
Some highlights to look forward to this year: training for the Boston Marathon 2011 on April 18th for Cops for Kids with Cancer, training races including Derry Boston Prep, Hyannis Half Marathon, Stu's 30K, Eastern States 20 Miler, and some fun 5Ks and 10Ks in between. With lots of other plans outside of the running world, 2011 should be a busy, fast and hopefully healthy year. (Hopefully I can figure out how to add the races to my blog on the right like most of my runner friends do!)
Hopefully I’ll have the bad-ass jacket and a personal record (PR) on April 18th :)
Today’s Workout: Lunchtime weight training session with my trainer Earl at the gym. He offered me a free “refresher” session. Included foam rolling, side planks, 5 minute warm-up on the moving stair machine (first time and wow what a workout), back-bar lunges, back-bar rows, pull-downs….and the session ended early with a run to the bathroom where I lost my breakfast (or what was left over). I would call it a success…and a first-time vomit session post workout. Actually, we had to end early because Earl didn’t want to have to pick me up off the floor. He added hamstring rolls to the mix. We agreed I should do the weight training twice a week and strength training once a week. I’ll be hurting tomorrow, that’s for sure!
And for something fun, each blog to contain a "Song of the Post."
Song of the Post: "Forget You" - Glee version
Love it!! I think you should add a race in Atlanta or Rochester to your list:)
ReplyDeleteBeth