Last week’s workout will hopefully set the tone for the next few months. Maybe not quite the intensity, but at least the consistency. This time around I am hoping for consistent weekly workouts. One thing I feel as though I’m missing is the mental game. Last year I was mentally preparing and this year I am physically preparing. But at least I know what to expect from prep races to the crowd to “Heartbreak Hill.” I am definitely excited and wish Monday April 18th would get here.
Yesterday’s Workout: As you know from my last blog post, I made a new purchase for my “running gear.” I love my new Garmin Forerunner 110. Yesterday I used it for the first time when I went for a 3-mile run on the Charles during lunch with a co-worker. He is much faster than I am and ran ahead of me most of the way. But once the Garmin found the satellites, I tried to stay at or below a 10:00 min/mile pace. I felt pretty good, although I tightened up quite a bit at my desk afterwards. I’m still trying to figure out the right food for me for fueling before and after, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
Upcoming Race: The Garmin sports watch is really going to help during my up-coming races. On Sunday December 23rd, I’m running the Derry 16-miler Boston Prep race, which is a very hilly course! The website says runners should finish within 3 hours or the dreaded “sag wagon” will be picking people up! But the results from last year show the last person crossing at 3:43. My goal is still to come in at or before the 3:00 mark, which means with the hills, my pace needs to be below 11:15 miles. I’m banking on the Garmin, some GU and my running buddies also running the race. Encouragement needed!
Today’s Workout: As many of you know, we got slammed with snow. Which left for very limited options. But I helped my friend Diana shovel her car out and then we tackled my car. We didn’t get nearly as much snow in my neck of the woods as I thought. But enough for it to bring out the best in Southie for parking. So today, I’m going to count my shoveling and stretching as my workout. I also plan to test out the Yoga dvd my sister gave me for Christmas.
Song of the Post: "I Like It" - Enrique Iglesias
Hey Lauren! I was assigned to you in the music exchange for the Failed Muffins blog. Email me your mailing address at kmm3075 at gmail.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Kimberly