Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blisters.

It’s confirmed. I now have blisters on the inside of my feet by my heels and they are getting pretty nasty. They are definitely from the treadmill on Monday and I’m not sure why I have them. I never get blisters from running. Maybe I wore the wrong sock? They were kind of old. Time to invest in new ones.

 

Tonight I woe my knee braces for the first time in a couple weeks. I hadn’t been wearing them because my knees felt good. BUT mostly because I just keep forgetting to bring them on a run or to the gym. So it felt really weird at first! But the mileage is only going to increase from here. Last year this time I was taking time off from runner’s knee. So I am definitely in better shape!

left knee brace

Left Knee Brace

 

I was pretty sore and tight today from yoga so I wasn’t expecting much from my body. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at the gym. 5 minute warm-up, 10 minutes of intervals starting at 6.0 and going up to 7.0 each minute. Then I had a 2.5 cool down, followed by 10 more minutes of intervals (was feeling really good at this point) and a 2.5 cool down. I made sure to foam roll after and will probably do it again before bed.

treadmill 2.9.11

 

I’m hoping that as it gets warmer the next two months, I can run outside and gain some more mileage during the weeks.

Song of the Post: "Tighten Up" - The Black Keys

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping for warm weather too =( It was 3 degrees when I went running yesterday morning!

    ReplyDelete