My run didn’t start how as planned. I completely forgot to charge the ipod. Ok, so pandora on the blackberry it is…Get outside – garmin boots up for find satellites – low battery.
WHAT!?!
I SWEAR it was charged last night. UGH. Luckily I knew how far I was running and the route was already planned.
So I set off from Southie – through the South End – and into the Back Bay. This is about when the blisters started bothering me.
So I continued on my run – up Beacon Street through Beacon Hill – down Bowdoin Street, through the West End and down Friend Street. Crossed through to the North End. Clearly they did a crappy job cleaning up!
I just love running through the city neighborhoods! I continued on down Atlantic Ave to South Station and then took a left through the Seaport District and back into Southie <3
This is about where I lost my mental game. My entire run I was just so angry about so many different things – too many thoughts took over my mind. There were so many times when I got back to Southie that I almost cut my run short. But it only fueled my fire to finish the 12 miles.
However, I came home in pain to this – on the inside, back of my foot on my heel. I couldn’t walk.
A LARGE DISGUSTING PAIN BLISTER! … I am not one to pop them – but this thing got worse as the week went on. It started Monday during the treadmill. I think I need new socks. But after discussions with my favorite running friends – they finally convinced me to pop it. So Ryan lit the pin to sanitize, and I popped it from either side and from the top. and DAMN did a lot come out.
I then soaked my feet…thank you to Ryan for putting the bowl together and his sister Alli for the Peppermint Foot Soak from the Body Shop. (fab)
Today I made sure to foam roll:
OUCH – hips…………………………………………….IT BAND……LOVE MY FOAM ROLLER!
Overall – pretty happy with my run. 12 Miles, 2:07, 10:35 pace
Snail Mail:
But the highlight of my day was absolutely the little package from my friend Meg in VT. It meant more to me than she will ever know. It means a lot to receive motivation but also to know that you’re inspiring someone else as well. I totally needed this as a reminder. So thank you Meg <3
Valentine’s Card, a new running working mix and…. BALEGA SOCKS! To help my blisters :)
Song of the Post: "Shipping up to Boston" - Dropkick Murphys
No comments:
Post a Comment