For the past week or so, I’ve had a hard time finding motivation. I’m sure if I really thought about it, I could come up with a billion things. But for me, it needs to be felt. I hate feeling like I’m in a funk because then it just snowballs.
Well I came home from the gym and there was my motivation.
Last week I received an email confirmation of my registration but this made it official.
Today’s Workout: I forced myself to the gym for a treadmill workout. It was warm enough to go outside but my bag had clothes for indoors. Forgot my knee braces again too. But I actually killed it tonight! I tried out my new Balega socks and I loved them. I also tried a different treadmill tonight and WOW what a difference. I think I found my new favorite treadmill at the gym.
My friend Chris sent me a treadmill conversion chart last week. It tells you what pace you’re actually running on the treadmill with incline and mph. Next to each interval below I’ve added in the conversion pace. If you want a copy, let me know and I’ll send it to you! (However, there is no 0.5% incline, so I’ll round up to the 1% on the chart. It also starts at 5.0 mph)
I’ve done some reading lately on speed work. And they definitely say to incorporate speed training in your shorter runs. Longer runs help for cardio and mileage – but the shorter runs I where to focus on speed. So I’ve been trying to do that this training cycle.
10 Min Warm-up @ 3.5 mph 0.5 % incline whole time
9 min @ 6.0 (9:52 avg pace)
1 min @ 3.5
3 min @ 6.0 (9:52 avg pace)
5 min @ 7.0 (8:56 avg pace)
1 min @ 8.0 (7:49 avg pace)
1:30 @ 3.0
3:30 @ 6.0 (9:52 avg pace)
3:30 @ 7.0 (8:56 avg pace)
2:30 @ 8.0 (7:49 avg pace)
5:04 @ 3.5
Total: 45 minutes 4.1 miles Avg. Pace is 10:59 – the 10 min warm up brings it down but it was definitely much faster.
Rest of Week:
Monday – Spin (complete)
Tuesday - Run (FAIL – do 6 flights of stairs count?)
Wednesday – 4 miles (complete)
Thursday – Spin
Friday – rest
Saturday – ski!
Sunday – 8 miles (tapering for Hyannis half)
Song of the Post: "It Takes Two" - Rob Base and DJ Ez Rock
I like the skiing part of your workout plan! Yay for winter!!!
ReplyDelete