Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cooking and Eating Healthy

I really do feel like I make a conscious effort to eat healthy. Every morning I have my fruit smoothie with whey protein and yogurt. This usually keeps me full for 3-4 hours. If I go to the gym for lunch I will usually have a protein/fiber bar of some kind (Kashi GoLean Crunchy bars are my favorite right now).

I’ve been trying to add more veggies to the diet.

Tonight I cut up some peppers – one baggie for each day left in the week – and I’ll bring some hummus. This is a good afternoon snack for me.

peppers

Tonight I made some brown rice and roasted veggies.

I made this sweet potato recipe from For the Love of Cooking. This was my second time making them and they are just so good! I made enough for leftovers. I also chopped up some zucchini, mushrooms and added some asparagus. Tossed them in some olive oil and a roasted garlic marinade. I popped those in the oven for about 20-30 minutes while the sweet potatoes finished cooking.

veggies

YUM!

 

*What are some of your favorite recipes? I love recipe sharing so please pass them along!*

No comments:

Post a Comment