Sunday, April 17, 2011

A day in the life

8 am – sun shines bright in my face (“Oye, this is really happening tomorrow?”)

8:30 am – cuddle time with Ryan (“I should be foam rolling.”)

9:00 am – Ryan goes to get bread for French toast and the Boston Sunday Globe as I lay in bed reading blogs

9:05 am – pour myself a glass of cranberry and Biba to start getting those electrolytes in me

9:30 am – rise out of bed (mmm, French toast)

9:45 am – scarf the delicious breakfast Ryan made, French toast and scrambled eggs (Good carb/protein breakfast)

10:00 am – guess I should do the dishes

10:30 am – ready to seize the day at the marathon Expo take 2

Boston with Swagger

11:23 am – get frustrated by the crowds of people at the expo (Get out the way!)

12:15 pm – bump into the the Donate Life folks (so nice and supportive of Ryan and my training!)

12:30 pm – sign up for a subscription of Women’s Running Magazine and get a free tech shirt! (who nominated me for Goddess of the day on FB!)

womensrunningmag

12:45 pm – meet  up with Kate and Craig to say hi!

2:00 pm – time for a green smoothie (Green Goodness and bananas) – got to get in that potassium!

GreenGoodnessBananasmoothie

2:30 pm – movie time with Ryan, Love and Other Drugs

2:51 pm – put ice packs on knees

Feet and Knees

4:00 pm – nap time

4:20 pm – woken up by non-stop phone calls/text from this time forward (thank you family and friends for all your support!)

7:00 pm – pasta with homemade sauce and meatballs with Ryan and friends (Deirdre and Wally)

9:00 pm – lay out marathon gear and necessities

MarathonGear

 

10:00 pm – complete blog post for the day and hit the sheets. hoping to dream of my goal finish time….or just hoping to sleep!

 

Song of the Post: "Going the Distance" - Cake

1 comment:

  1. It was SOOO good to finally meet you!! I'm dying for your marathon recap. I was watching on Hereford but I missed you :-( From the text alerts that I was getting you were strong throughout the whole race-CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete