Boston Marathon 2010 – Boylston Street
I can’t remember if it was the night before the Hyannis Half Marathon or one of the nights leading up to it…. regardless, I had a dream that I finished the race in 2:05. Not exactly how things planned out but pretty close! And dreamt that I PR’d. And I did. I came in at 2:15 official time. PR by about 7 or 8 minutes. I absolutely smoked the second half. Negative splits baby!
I always have this really weird intuition too. I knew when two of my running friends (Kate and Bethanne) and a co-worker were pregnant before they even were… actually, I usually know before a lot of people tell me they are pregnant. Odd, right? Also, yesterday I asked Ryan if he had heard from his docs in Boston about his clinical trial for the kidney transplant about two hours before they called to say it was approved. Just a couple examples, but Ryan can definitely confirm because it’s happened on several other occasions.
Anyway – this blog is about my dreams. It’s about relating back to my favorite quote. “Never underestimate the power of a dream.” Whether my sleep dreams actually play out in reality or not, this blog is about never underestimating myself. Never giving up on my own will power. Never giving up on possibilities. And hopefully inspiring you to do something to. Whether it is to run or something else. But this blog is about setting goals, having a dream and making it reality – and sharing it with YOU. And my dream right now is to finish Boston on Monday within my goal timeframe.
Last night I had a dream that I finished the Boston Marathon (woohoo, but of course I will!). At the end of my dream I didn’t know what my time was and didn’t look it up until the next day. OK, being obsessive compulsive, obviously I’ll be looking at the clock and hitting stop on my Garmin. So this part my not come true. However, could my finish time be true? Well, it’s actually a stretch. But my Hyannis dream time wasn’t my exact time, it was close. So I'm just hoping that I come close to my dream time. And guess what, ANYTHING is possible with Boston!
All I know is that I am going to give Monday my all. “Give it 110%… ONE-TEN” says Big Lou (shout out to any SMC Res. Life folks reading). I know that I will push myself outside of my comfort zone on Monday. I will own Heartbreak Hill. I will enjoy every single second of the marathon. The crowd, the runners, the weather… each mile. Hopkinton, Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, Brookline, Boston! When I turn onto Boylston Street and start bawling from the overwhelming crowd. And of course when the volunteer at the end tells me I did a great job and puts some BLING BLING over my neck. When they wrap the aluminum foil around me for heat. And at the family meeting area, where I’ll get to see all of my family and friends at the finish. And when I ask Ryan to put my black and green marathon jacket on me.
Boston is the best of the best. And I feel completely honored to be running for a 2nd year in a row. Dreams can come true.
Anyone else getting butterflies? Because I constantly have them this week! Eat (carbs!!), sleep (dream), drink (love that dirty water)… BOSTON!
We’ll see the fate of my finish on Monday afternoon. Will my dream come true? Stay tuned….
Song of the Post: "Dreams" – Gabrielle (bringin’ it way back)
Your post has just brought me to tears. I'll be thinking of you on the 18th! I know you'll do great!
ReplyDeleteYayyy so soon! Good luck! You will do great!!!
ReplyDelete