Back in the Fall, Ryan and I attended a ski show that my friend Jewels was at since she works Cannon Mountain. We visited with her and then walked around to see what the other vendors had to offer. I heard my name called out, "Remdawg!" My little freshman Stephanie from college (I was her RA her freshman year, the best obvi) was working for True Power. She asked if we wanted to take "the test." Knowing that she was trying to sell me this band, I humored her and said ok.
The first test is that you stand with your arms out and she pushes down on one arm to try to get you to lose balance. Then you do it again with the bracelet on. Ok, it worked. Still not convinced. So the next test is spinning around with your arms out to see how far you can extend; then again with the bracelet on. Both myself and Ryan were able to spin and extend almost an extra 8 inches to a foot (he has longer arms, he wins) with the bracelet on. I don't think I was still convinced until Stephanie gave me her testimonial.
They were $10 off at the show, so what the heck, I'll buy one! It's worth a shot right? It comes in 2 different styles and a few color options. I went with this one below.
Has it worked? I'm not totally sure. I do feel that I have more energy when I wear it versus when I don't. But is it mental? Perhaps. Even so, I think when I wear it, it is a reminder of MY true power inside me. Also, there are tons of professional athletes that wear them as well. You gotta walk the walk to talk the talk!
Check out their website for more information and the technology in the bracelet: http://www.true-power.com/default.asp
*****Give-away details*****
True Power offered me one bracelet to one lucky winner!
I will use Random.org to select the winner…at random, from all the comments posted.
You'll have until Friday April 15th to enter and I will draw the winner on Saturday April 16th.
How to enter - 4 chances to win:
1. Leave a comment below telling me what you do to get energize.
2. Leave a comment below telling me what you believe "true power" means.
3. Extra entry if you follow my blog, leave a comment below telling me you do so (whether through google reader or blogger, etc.)
4. Blog about the giveaway on your own blog and let me know you did so by commenting below!
True Power was gracious and provided a discount code for those who wish to purchase a bracelet! So try it out yourself and let me know what you think! (http://www.true-power.com/) To purchase a True Power energy band, enter 9896 upon checkout to receive a $5 discount per band.
Check out True Power at the Boston Marathon Expo next weekend!
Google Reader: For some reason there is a delay from when I post to when it hits google reader. Does anyone know of any solutions?
Song of the Post: "Friday I'm in Love" - The Cure

My new phone alerts me to new articles in the news or new posts on websites i choose. Its awesome. To get energized i listen to music with a good beat at a reasonable volume. My visualizing is to get amped up for basketball so i think about moves i can make! Love following you blog babe and can't wait until monday afternoon!!
ReplyDeleteHey Lauren just wanted to let you know I tried that bracelet. My knee pain from ITB issues made it difficult to run any amount of mileage even with physical therapy and hot yoga twice a week. I saw you had one and did some hunting for info and thought eh why not? So I tried it today and amazingly I had no pain at all while running I even did some hilly trails...so am I convinced it really works? Don't know maybe mind over matter, but hey I'll take what ever happened to make it feel better. With 7 days until one of the most exciting days of my life knee pain was not on my list of things that could go wrong....
ReplyDeleteWhen I read your post about energize/true power I immediately thought of the lyrics for The Fire by The Roots/John Legend
ReplyDeleteThere’s something in your heart,
and its in your eyes
It’s the fire, inside you
Let it burn
You don’t say good luck
You say don’t give up
It’s the fire, inside you
Let it burn
Yeah, and if I’m ever at the crossroads
And start feeling mixed signals like morse code
My soul start to grow colder than the North Pole
I try to focus on the hole on where the torch goes
In the tradition of these legendary sports pros
As far as I can see I made it to the threshold
Lord knows I waited for this a lifetime
And I’m an icon when I let my light shine
Shine bright as an example of a champion
Takin the advantage never coppin out or cancelin
Burn like a chariot, learn how to carry it
Maverick, always above and beyond average
Fuel to the flame that I train with and travel with
Something in my eyes say I’m so close
To having a prize
I realize I’m supposed to reach for the sky
Never let somebody try to tell you otherwise
One love, one game, one desire
One flame, one rhyme, fire
Let it burn higher
I never showed signs of fatigue
Or turned tired
cause I’m the definition of tragedy turned triumph
It’s David and Goliath
I made it to the eye of the storm
Feeling tore like they fed me to lions
Before time start to wind down like the Mayans
I show ‘em how I got the grind down like a science
It sounds like a riot on hush
It’s so quiet, the only thing I hear is my heart
I’m inspired by the challenge that I find myself standin eye-to-eye with
To move like a wise warrior and not a coward
You can’t escape
The history you was meant to make
That’s why the highest victory is what I’m meant to take
You came to celebrate
I came to cerebrate
I hate losing I refuse to make the same mistakes
The fire, the fire…
You say don’t give up
It’s the fire, inside you
Let it burn
The fire, inside you (x3)
I get energized by reading your blog! You have been such an inspiration to me and my attempt to start running ;-) Since I am like a blog stalker I have been trying to think of what my definition of 'true power' is since you posted a few days ago and then in another blog I follow I saw this: http://www.runvermont.org/therundown/notes-from-the-station/meet-the-pace-team-part-ii-stephen-trull-kyle-nelson/
ReplyDeleteThis is true power, just unbelieveable to me. I am so excited for your big day and will be tracking you the entire way! You are going to rock it!
I follow your blog!
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren!!! So glad to find your blog!! I get engergized by chasing my son around- he's almost 2 and ALL boy- enough said!!
ReplyDelete