Last month Women's Running Magazine was running a contest via facebook. They asked their readers to submit photos of themselves for a "goddess of the day" contest. They would re-post pictures. I completely forgot I had entered a photo.
I submitted the photo of me from the 2010 Boston Marathon last year when I made the turn from Hereford onto Boylston...I just burst out in tears. The amount of people at the finish line was overwhelming. This was the moment I had waited for. It was by far the best running moment of my life thus far. And hearing your name called from different directions by the people waiting for you. Crossing the finish line was something I had always dreamed of doing since a kid when my Dad used to take me in....or three years ago when I asked the women working the desk at my gym to change the tvs to the marathon coverage so I could bust out some mileage on the treadmill while being inspired (and later going to the finish line to see my friends cross). ANYWAY....
Today, Women's Running Magazing posted me as "goddess of the day" on facebook! So please find them on facebook and like their page!
Good omen for April 18th? I think so! Bring on the "good signs!"
Yesterday's workout: I ran just over 3 miles on the treadmill during lunch. I'm trying to squeeze in my workouts as best I can. Life is so busy! But it's taper time!
Today's workout: Tonight I'm running 3-4 miles after work with my friend Katie. We'll probably do some loop around the city! The weather should be decent!
Lunch today: Top a bowl of fresh spinach with 4 ounces chunk light tuna in water, drained; 1 ounce feta cheese; and 1/2 ounce sliced almonds.
Dinner tonight: Top 2 ounces whole-wheat pasta with a splash of olive oil, 1 cup steamed broccoli, and 3 ounces grilled chicken.
See for recipe and fuleing ideas! http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20412001,00.html
Song of the Post: "Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey (for all you Sox fans as well...)

No comments:
Post a Comment