I started this blog without the intention of anyone necessarily stumbling upon it. I sent it out to a select group of family and friends, hoping people would read and follow. I’ve been lucky enough to have come in contact with some other cool bloggers, similar to myself. I read a mix of blogs (running, general working out, food, home makeover, travel, event planning, personal trials, etc.) I’ve enjoyed reading their blogs so thank you to those for sharing! And thank you to Google for making it easy to follow blogs through “Reader.”
One way in which people have found me is through Daily Mile. This site helps you track your work-outs and is like twitter/Facebook where you can comment on each other’s posts. Today, Megan found me and nominated me for the "Stylish Blogger Award". You are suppose to link back to the person who nominated you, then then nominate 7 other people and reveal 7 things about you.
Thanks Megan! (Copied the directions from you as well!) Oh and my favorite part about Megan’s blog is her “green tip” at the end of her posts!
Tagging these bloggers (sorry if you’ve already been tagged!)
Ben Does Life (extremely inspiring - check him out!)
Leslie @ Mommy's Going for a Run
HERE WE GO! 7 Things… did you know….
1. Most people don’t believe me when I tell them I used to play ice hockey. I started skating when I was about 4. I remember my Dad and grandfather taking me to a local rink. When I was 11, my mom signed my sister and I up for the town league. I played all through high school and for 2 years in college. I decided to give up hockey to pursue student government positions and other related activities but always stayed involved. This year I played in the alumni v. current team hockey game.
2. Ryan and I met almost 2 years ago at a mutual friend’s cookout. I had known Jenn since high school, while Ryan only knew her for a few months through a mutual friend of theirs (Emily). I wasn’t even planning on attending the cookout but after 14+ hours of driving my grandmother’s car back from Florida (plus another 12 or so the day before!), I knew I needed to socialize. Ironically the same day Ryan had travelled in the same traffic over the George Washington bridge with a friend of his. Traffic was clearly a great conversation started because the rest was history! We have SO many random connections and “7 degrees of separation” (more several of 1 or 2 degrees!).
3. In September 2008, I completed my first sprint triathlon, Nantasket Beach Triathlon! It was a blast and I definitely want to try one again!
4. My favorite adult beverage is Guiness! I had my first one in Killarney, Ireland in September 2008. I went to Ireland with my God parents for a family wedding. I can’t wait to go back again and bring Ryan! (PS SO excited for St. Patty’s day!)
5. I am one of four children. My sister Lisa and I have the same “birth” parents. My parents divorced when I was around 5 or 6 and my dad re-married when I was 12. And now I have the cutest little brother and sister Carlyn (8) and Frankie (5). (Family Christmas card this year!)
6. If you haven’t already figured out from my blog, but I love to cook. I’m a sucker for Italian or Mexican!
7. My two favorite places in the entire world are Boston and Cape Cod! Although I think I could adapt to live almost anywhere, I hope to be a “wash-ashore” on the Cape for retirement :)
Song of the Post: "Wave on Wave" - Pat Green (little nostalgic after this post!)
No comments:
Post a Comment