Tonight I went to my first City Sports Running Club experience. My friend Katie, who is also running the Boston Marathon for Cops for Kids with Cancer, introduced me to the running club. They meet every Tuesday at 6pm. It is conveniently located near my work and gym.
After work I headed over to my gym to change and meet Katie and then we headed to City Sports. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. This week and for the next few weeks, the running club is being sponsored by Nike. If you come for 4 sessions or 3 sessions and bring a friend, you can earn a “Run Boston” Nike t-shirt. Pretty cool deal!
They have two groups, one group runs 5.5 miles along the Charles River to Mass Ave bridge and then down along the Cambridge side to the Museum of Science and back to the store. The other group runs 3.5 miles along the Charles River to the Mass Ave bridge, down Comm. Ave, around the Boston Commons and back to the store. Katie and I opted for the 3.5 mile group tonight since it was a little chilly outside. Katie is also battling a knee injury and my right glute has been bothering me.
Naturally, the group took off pretty fast. So we tried to figure out what the route would be on our own. We lost sight of them after they went over the Mass Ave bridge. And of course, I forgot my garmin at home but luckily had my stop watch. We decided to run through the Gardens to finish it off since the scenery is nice!
I mapped it out when I got home and we ran about 3.65 miles in 38:37. I felt like we were going faster than we actually did but my glute really was bothering me, as well as my ankles. Still recovering from 20 miles on Saturday.
*Anyone have any suggestions for my glute? Stretching and foam rolling isn’t helping. I know I need to get a tennis ball to roll on.*
After the run we went back to CitySports, where b-good sponsored the “after-run.” They had individual cups of homemade minestrone soup for everyone! AND it was delicious! Totally hit the spot after a cold run. Water, bananas and clementines were also there!
Once everyone got back, each person got a raffle ticket! They drew 2 names and Katie was one of the winners! I was so happy for her!
We then headed to the gym to foam roll, stretch and hit the sauna. It was a nice, relaxing evening!
Monday Recap: I had the day off to recover from 20 miles, fundraiser that was extremely successful (50 people in attendance and $1400 raised that night alone!), and the South Boston 5K and parade on Sunday (although no binge drinking occurred here). I slept 12 hours, went to the gym for spin, stretch and sauna. It was a lovely day that went by too fast.
Song of the Post: "Drunken Lullabies" - Flogging Molly (from Meg’s mix she sent me)
No comments:
Post a Comment