Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday and International Women’s Day

In honor of Fat Tuesday I did some cooking. I made one of my favorite meals that my step-mom taught me.

Enchiladas     Fresh Salsa

Enchiladas (beef and cheese with red sauce) and fresh salsa (tomatoes, corn, black beans, green onions)

This made enough for tonight and tomorrow’s dinner, as well as some salsa to snack on while at work. I’ve been thinking I may be lactose intolerant. The cheese will test that tonight.

I also bought stuff to make this salad from For the Love of Cooking's blog for lunch tomorrow. I couldn’t find the dressing mentioned so I bought Mrs. Talbot’s Apple Vinaigrette instead.

 

The Boston Marathon is 40 days away! Craziness! My sneakers were starting to wear out so today I thought it was a good idea to buy another pair to start breaking in for the big day. I’ve been wearing Asics since college. Although I’m ready to branch out, I think I’ll wait until after the Boston Marathon to try something else. These shoes are comfortable for me and provide the stability I need. Supposedly I over-pronate. Although I’ve heard different theories on whether pronation actually exists, I’ve stuck with the label. I bought them at City Sports and the guy who helped me did a really great job at convincing me to get this model. I also convinced them to give me a 10% discount since I was running/fundraising for charity (Cops for Kids with Cancer). Since a competitor store (very close to them) provides this discount to those running for charity the manager had no issue with it! I saved $10! (Can this count as my celebration for International Women’s Day?)

It’s basically an upgrade of the ones I have now anyway. Improvements on this year’s model include better heel support (good because I got a blister on my heel!) and there’s a track line on the bottom of the shoe for better flex in the shoe. It was also named Runner's World choice! 

New Sneakers

 

Today is International Women’s Day! Check out Christy's awesome post about today! Sending love and empowerment to all the women in my life and who read this blog!

 

Today’s workout: 0.67 mile walk

I took today as a rest day and I’m glad I did. Tonight I walked back from the grocery store to get some type of exercise in. I’m also planning on icing the knees tonight. They were a little achy today and I don’t want the next 39 days to be like it was last year.

 

Song of the Post: Cahill (Boston based duo) – been listening to these guys for years thanks to a friend that introduced me to them circa 2003. I actually got them to play a couple shows at my college. Check them out.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if this works/is understandable!

    For Garmin to DailyMile:
    First, create a connect.garmin.com account (if you don't have one) - attach your garmin to your computer via ant+ or usb, whichever it came with, then go to connect.garmin.com and create an account, and it'll sync with your garmin.

    Then sign into DailyMile and from your home page, select "sync", which is in gray right underneath the 'community' tab. You'll have to press 'add account' in the garmin bar, and sign in with your connect.garmin.com log in and password. Then your gamin will be readable to your dailymile acct., and from here on forward you can just press 'sync' and then 'sync garmin' whenever your garmin is hooked up to your computer.

    Let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! Thanks for visiting my blog!! I'm glad I found yours! I got that frame at a Christian book store here in MN. I'm sure you can find something like it online, though...

    ReplyDelete