Do you ever find yourself rocking out so much during a run (or work-out) that you just want to bust a move? Well during Sunday’s run and today’s treadmill run, I was definitely rocking out. You know you’re in trouble when you get weird looks from those driving by you. I definitely might shake my booty during a run, bob my shoulders or start a little disco snap during some Michael Jackson or Earth Wind & Fire. But the best stares are when I start the Miss America wave (with my left hand!) during Single Ladies. YUP. At least other runners at the gym are in the zone either watching tv or busting out their runs to get off as soon as they can.
So if you feel like busting a move but worried about the stares, who cares… Just Dance!
Today I went to the gym after 1pm so I wouldn’t have to deal with the lunch crowd and so I could finish as much work as possible for a relaxing afternoon. Every day there is one girl who usually ends up in the same locker section as me. She constantly hogs space but throwing her stuff everywhere, including both benches. She also has no clue on “personal space.” Trust me, I’ve had to hold back from giving her a piece of my mind. She was walking out as I was walking in today. PRAISE THE LORD!
I wasn’t really feeling my run, but my friend Melissa sent me some motivation through a text message just as I setup on the treadmill.
Melissa works for a sports marketing company that designs the banners for the Boston Marathon. Although mile 20 is actually past Wellesley and close to the end of “Heartbreak Hill” in Newton, this definitely made me smile and run harder. Thank you Melissa :)
Today’s Workout: 5 minute walking warm-up; 3 miles = 28:53 (9:37 avg. pace); 3 min cool down; followed by some foam rolling and a hot shower
Song of the Post: "Just Dance" - Lady GaGa
Wow, are they setting up already??
ReplyDeleteI've been known to bang out the drums as I run.. maybe i'll just end up busting a move like you soon :)
ReplyDeleteI danced and sang out loud during my half on sunday! you are so right it makes runs more fun and I swear I run faster when I am relaxed and singing!!
ReplyDeleteMy motto is if I cannot have fun when I run then I don't want to be doing it :)